Job no: 493638
Work type: Casual
Categories: Aquatics and Leisure
At Penrith City Council, we’re passionate about people; in our community and in our workplace. We want you to be able to be your best self and we get that work is just one part of your life, so we’re here to support you in the moments that matter. As the winner of the 2020 Local Government Excellence in People and Culture Award and an Excellence Award in the 2020 Australian HR Awards, you can be confident in joining a workplace that offers truly outstanding benefits, including:
- A range of flexible work arrangements
- 18 weeks paid maternity leave
- Health and wellbeing leave
- 15 days personal leave
- Significant financial and leave support for undertaking further education
- Diverse salary packaging
- And much, much more!
Ripples provides a number of facilities including a gym, pools, and a hydrotherapy and rehabilitation centre to the residents of the Penrith Local Government Area. We are proud of our highly performing team who have won a number of recent state and national Austswim and Swim Australia awards.
About the role
The role of a Lifeguard is responsible for the supervision of water space as well as providing a high level of patron safety and strong customer service.
The main purpose of this role is to provide supervision and preventative management of our members and guests within the Aquatic environment, including programs, bookings and casual users, while maintaining a high level of customer service.
- Pool Lifeguard Certificate (Pool Lifeguard Skill Set)
- Lifeguard License or ability to complete prior to completion of probationary period
- Current First Aid Certificate (including Provide First Aid, Provide Basic Emergency Life Support and Provide Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation)
- A valid NSW Working with Children Check
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skill
- Vaccinated for COVID-19 or have a Medical Exemption in line with the NSW Public Health Order for Disability Service Providers
- Experience in an aquatic / leisure / sport environment
- Aquatic Supervision qualification
- Pool Operations Certificate
- Demonstrated commitment to corporate values of Penrith City Council
Commencing Salary: $27.19 - $31.47 per hour plus 25% casual loading
This position has been identified as a Child-Related position under Child Protection laws in NSW. To be eligible to apply, you are required to provide Council with a valid Working with Children Check Number.
This position requires the worker to be double vaccinated against COVID-19 or to hold a medical contraindication certificate.
You may be required to undertake background checks, as relevant to the position for which you have applied.
Visit careers.penrith.city to view the position description and to find out more information about employment with Penrith City Council. To submit your application, please apply online using the link below.
In addition to a cover letter and resume, applicants are required to submit comprehensive responses to the selection criteria (listed above) as a part of their initial application. Applicants who do not meet the essential criteria will not be considered.
Completed applications must be received by 11.55pm on the closing date. Please allow 4 weeks from the closing date for the processing of your application.
For further information about the position, please contact Hamish Sherwood, Team Leader - Venue Operations on 9833 3000.
Applicants must have the right to live and work in Australia to apply for this position.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend